06 mayo, 2013

The Beatles – The Long and Winding Road


«The Long and Winding Road» es una balada escrita por Paul McCartney (acreditada a Lennon—McCartney) que aparece en el álbum de 1970 de The Beatles, Let It Be.

 Fue el último sencillo de The Beatles en llegar al puesto número uno en Estados Unidos el 23 de mayo de 1970, y fue el último lanzado mientras la banda seguía unida.

Mientras que la versión lanzada como sencillo fue muy exitosa, los arreglos realizados por el productor Phil Spector desagradaron a McCartney hasta el punto de que cuando llevó el caso de la separación de The Beatles a tribunales, citó a «The Long and Winding Road» como una de sus seis razones para hacerlo.

The long and winding road That leads to your door Will never disappear I’ve seen that road before It always leads me her Lead me to you door
The wild and windy night

That the rain washed away Has left a pool of tears Crying for the day Why leave me standing here Let me know the way
Many times I’ve been alone And many times I’ve cried Any way you’ll never know The many ways I’ve tried

But still they lead me back To the long winding road You left me standing here A long long time ago Don’t leave me waiting here Lead me to your door

But still they lead me back To the long winding road You left me standing here A long long time ago Don’t leave me waiting here Lead me to your door Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah

The long and winding road That leads to your door Will never disappear I’ve seen that road before It always leads me her

Lead me to you door
The wild and windy night That the rain washed away Has left a pool of tears Crying for the day Why leave me standing here Let me know the way

Many times I’ve been alone And many times I’ve cried Any way you’ll never know The many ways I’ve tried
But still they lead me back To the long winding road You left me standing here A long long time ago

Don’t leave me waiting here Lead me to your door
But still they lead me back To the long winding road You left me standing here A long long time ago Don’t leave me waiting here Lead me to your door

Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah


The long and winding road

 https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=x6AuKENgmLQ#!



fuente:
 http://porlamirilla.com/the-beatles-the-long-and-winding-road/

No hay comentarios: